Saturday, October 12, 2013

Thought for The Day - Complicated...


Day to day, moment to moment, connection to connection, it's complicated. "Down" one minute, up the next, whatever sense of continuity, or forward progression one would hope for, seems like we are pieces of wood, floating on waves of the sea. Stability? Grounded? Elusive. Distant. And joy? Fleeting.

I worry, at times, who will read my words and think "that's one depressed and sad guy!" There's so much emphasis placed on "speaking positive words into the atmosphere," that we ignore the terror hidden in our hearts. We work hard to ensure our world is filled with positive words and images, while people are killing their own children with the simplest motives.

It's complicated...

One of the reasons I started writing this daily blog was to share my thoughts and feelings. I am human...not every thought is full of light. But my expression is full of truth. I take comfort in the writings of the Bible, especially the perfectly flawed individuals who expressed great hope and great sadness over life (David and his son Solomon). They aren't alone; read the honest words or examine the life of any individual and you will see periods of elation and insight that defy logic! And yet, you don't have to dig too deep to find in every life, there exists valleys so dark and cold, hope seems impossible to find. We often search for a balance. Personally, I don't think 'balance' is what we need.

It's complicated...

Hope and Despair...they don't sit equally on the scales. It's complicated.

No comments:

Post a Comment