Sunday, October 6, 2013

Thought for The Day - Winter's Nap

Study for Predawn Light #3

"Working Title;" "What?!"
The blanket of snow...

It's been a while since I woke to streets and yard covered in white; air cooled and a biting breeze, coming from the west. Been a while since the cold morning seeped into my little space in the basement, the bare concrete floor radiating cold like ice. It's been a few months since I bundled up in layers of coat, sweater and a few shirts. But on some days, I'm living a perpetual Winter.

Sometimes, I simply need to lie down and take a break from the noise and confusion. I look at the stack of unfinished business, the stuff that's mine and the leftovers from others and I decide the best approach is to back away and regroup. "Give me 5 minutes!" Put my head on the desk and sleep for a bit.

You know, there are times, I'm fiercely aware this world will continue spinning quite well without me... I need my winter blanket and a few minutes sleep...

No comments:

Post a Comment