Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Thought for The Day - The Power of a Line

Dance against The Rhythm - pastel 12 x 16

This is not a valuation of one person's work over another and not a promotion of myself or any other artist. Confined to "tan land," the world of cubicles, I created a small sphere of inspiration; I took small photographs of my work and placed them in my cube. Today, contemplating the idea of lines and how we use them to distinguish one shape from another, my eye landed on one piece in particular. A blue and purple line runs diagonally from mid way to the bottom right; it is surrounded by oranges, lilacs and other shades of blue. But looking at the line and the contrasting colors around it, the "power of the line" hit me square in the middle of my forehead!

As I have said many times before, I LOVE COLORS! And to be clear, the brighter the better! Again, this isn't a "plug" for my art, but the power of this ability to express what the soul is privy to. Our senses, our mind tries to put into some form, the message received. It's a communion of humanity and divinity; God and man talking, speaking and touching! This interplay, this dance if you will, is not limited to visual artists; authors, poets, dancers and performers all express a message from above. But this is my expression! This is my purpose!

Now to contrast my style to two other artist who have taken "the line" to a new level: Kevin WAK Williams and Serge Kponton! Now mind you, they aren't the only artists whose work I admire, but they stand out and shine!

No comments:

Post a Comment