Friday, October 11, 2013

Thought for The Day - Rise

Rise 18 x 24 Pastel
Pain is reality

Hurt is the emotional response to it.

I'm sure I'm not stating this as succinctly as it's been stated elsewhere, but hopefully, you get the gist. There is a proverb in the Bible that says "for though the righteous fall seven times, they rise again." (Proverbs 24:16) It is not a reference to a specific number but more however many number a person falls or it is defeated - i.e. someone with malicious intent leads the person to do so - they will "continue" to rise; again and again!

Got to tell you, I've had some "dark days." I mean "woe-is-me-why-is-everything-I-want-or-try-to-do-fails" kind of days! If I am a "walled city" my enemy isn't attacking me at the main gate; he is falling from the sky, coming up through the ground, the main and side gates! Many of my dreams - or is it just one big one - seem like they're on a 50 year hiatus. They are stalled at the gate where spirit meets reality and I don't seem to have the tools to bring them forward.

I'm not a selfish person, though I know I have selfish tendencies. I give of my "time, talent and treasure" on a regular basis and beyond the four walls of the church. But I am overwhelmed by the load of it all. My back feels like an overworked mule!

But I rise...not sure how. Some days, I have enough strength to lift my head and that feels like a great deal. But I rise...either I'm shaking off some things, or I'm gaining strength to carry it...BUT.I.RISE!!!

And lastly, I know I'm not doing this with my strength. God's will and spirit live in me and it's by his strength that things are made possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment