Friday, March 7, 2014

Thought for The Day - Thinking

Sailing on a Penny Sunset (in progress) 12 x 18 oil pastel


It's 4:45 am, and I'm thinking...

How much time will I get for exercise this morning?

Will I have enough time to do everything I need to do? I need more time in the gym, Is this really working? And this diet stuff, how did I gain all this weight in such a short time?

I would love to get a few more minutes a day drawing and painting! Squeezing in minutes while on the train is not enough! Too tired in the evening to give it a thought. But that's got to change!

It's 4:45 and I'm up considering the possibilities and bemoaning the present. It is said you aren't really living (effectively) if you don't live in the present. There are times I debate that 'cause there are times when "the moment" lacks a sense of joy. But there is nothing like time spent in front of a canvas. For now, the moments will be just that: minutes, in between running errands, cleaning and whatever else comes up. But I believe I've come too far to let this die.

Considering...more minutes, in between the tasks. Thinking about how to work on "this series" and "that." The thoughts about color choices, the amount of color or limiting the palette; all thoughts, all ideas.

Thinking, considering, tossing out and in, this and that...at 4:45 am.

No comments:

Post a Comment