Monday, March 24, 2014

Thought for The Day - The Practice of Spirit



"The wind blows wherever it pleases. You hear its sound, but you cannot tell where it is comes from or where it is going. So it is with everyone born of the Spirit." John 3:8

I would say as recent as six years ago, I was not open to rendering, let alone themes that are stretched beyond my recognition. I knew I wanted to paint, it's in my blood, perhaps more than preaching. I understand color concepts and warm colors juxtapose against cool. But that "rule" I broke once I realized the power of light and movement. So in 2009, I opened my heart to the Spirit, and followed where He lead.

The theme I'm currently exploring involves the sense of fabric and it's many comparisons to landscapes, flesh and the elements. More to come on that as the series is explored over the next year or so. Just imagine if your sleeve were the path between "here" and "there," take a moment to look at it. The path might be smooth or it may have hurdles and speed bumps in the way. Shaped by what is beneath, it might be a narrow road or a "broadway;" only you can decide.

I have found by quieting my restlessness, my desire to "know" and be the master of the path, I am open to the wonderful experience of rendering. It is by allowing God to direct my paths, if you will that I find freedom. It is not a loss of identity but a fulfilling of it. It is being set free to see further and experience the many facets of life.

No comments:

Post a Comment