Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Thought for The Day - Good

"Shaken up" (in process) 8 x 11


I'm not doing great, but that's not bad; it's good. Sure I want to be great, wanted it all my life. I believe "greatness," an epic life is in my DNA, but I've done well, or "good." When I was skinny, I wasn't happy with who I was; I wanted big arms and legs like bodybuilders. But I could be good with the amount of push-ups I did and the amount of weight I lifted. When I gained weight and pounded on the pounds, I wasn't happy with my big gut, but was happy with the muscle gains. I still struggle with the weight and girth of my waist; as a matter of fact it's gotten worse. But I'm good.

I could be better when it comes to managing my "career," or whatever I do to earn money. But I'm good. I have a good job with a good salary and plenty of debt. But I'm good. I get to draw and paint; not as often or as much as I would like, but I get in a good amount of time and effort.

Trouble is, is "good" enough?

No comments:

Post a Comment