Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Thought for The Day - I'm Not Ready




All my life, I've had aspirations to be different. I knew in high school I didn't want to spend my days in a factory, like my father and the idea of being at someone's office for 40+ hours a week seemed insane! And yet, in spite of my desires, I'm exactly where I don't want to be. I'm certain for many people working, where ever you work, the same holds true.

I signed up for an online business course a few weeks ago and though I looked forward to what I would learn, there was this sense that I wasn't ready. From nearly the first page of reading, I realized I was ill prepared for the class. Certainly, it's a good idea to "know what you don't know," but as an artist, looking to make this stuff work, I have a lot more to learn. Correction: I have a great deal to put into practice.

Quite honestly, I have a great deal to put into practice as a human being. I'm a nice guy, I listen well and think it's vitally important to practice my Christian values, but there's a great deal more to living the life I desire than I'm doing now. I'm not defeated though; sometimes it's best to admit to yourself where you are before you can move to where you want to be. I'm not sure "how long" I'll be in this place, but for the moment, I'm sitting here acknowledging my shortcomings and hoping for a "switch" to flip on and turn this life around.

No comments:

Post a Comment