Sunday, June 29, 2014

Thought for The Day - It's Raining today, I thought of you...

Standing at the window, looking down on the street, people walking underneath umbrellas and cars easing down the street; I thought of you. I leaned against the window sill, coffee mug held at my chest, steam and aroma to rising to my nose and I wondered where you were. Knowing I had plenty of work to do and little time to do it, I shook off the effects of the rain and walked back to my desk and my chair. I sat my mug on the floor and turned my eyes back to the monitor. "Back to it," I said to the air. And yet a whiff of the coffee and something else, stirred my mind.

An hour later, typing away, pausing every now and then to stretch my hands, I turned around in my chair to stretch my arms. Just then, a bolt of lightning, crack of thunder and sudden rush of rain distracted me. In that minute, my mind filled with memories. So many rainstorms, so often having to pause in the rain and allow it to pour down on us. And I remembered the first time we met, when you stood under that awning, back against the wall, mesmerized by the rain coming down. You looked happy, but as if you were off in a far away land. Umbrella in hand I ran across the street to where you stood...

No comments:

Post a Comment