Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Thought for The Day - Time is Ticking





I know I can't be alone when I say this: I spend more time focused on "time" than it seems possible! I sit to write, my wrist watch sits in front of me to ensure I'm not "wasting time." As if that isn't enough, I find myself pressing the button on my phone to confirm the time. Or I'm checking the time on my computer for the time. I get to the gym and I'm mindful of the time; the time I get there determines how much I get done. And the time I leave, determines how quickly I get home and back out the door for the "9 - 5."

Up before dawn most mornings, trying to ensure "enough time" to get in personal time, I'm ever mindful that my time is limited.

And in the middle of it all, I wonder: "Will I ever have "time" to slow down? Will this pace and the constant checking of watches ever get to a point I can focus on the current activity without concern for the next?"

Time isn't the enemy; the enemy is my obsession with squeezing in a life full of tasks!

No comments:

Post a Comment