Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Thought for The Day - Dig!!!


I know I can't be alone in feeling this way, some days I want to throw in the towel! Give up for those unfamiliar with that old saying. It's not like there's one thing I want to accomplish or taking classes to complete a degree; this is my life and all the things I want changed, the success I hope for seems elusive! And the dreams from childhood on up? Wow! Really God, and I'm stuck in an office? Please don't get me wrong; I am grateful for income, I just wish it was tied to my heart's desire. And testing someone software isn't my "heart's desire!"
DIG!!! The shamelessly 'borrowed' image is the one that comes to mind each time I walk away from trying. I'm not a young guy anymore and I went a long time wanting to be an artist, without touching brush to canvas. I've wanted to write and have for a long time. I have a small audience, people who 'look' at my blog (thank you if you're 'looking!'). But I get frustrated! And yet for each time, I walk away, I'm drawn back to where I left off...
 
By the way, that last part of the wall may seem like you only have a few feet and little effort to go. Not to discourage anyone, but in reality, that's the hardest part. You're tired, your pickax is too and the rock is the hardest closest to your desire.
But DIG!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment