Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Thought for The Day - Get the Day Started

Bird in Flight - Pre-Dawn Series
Whoa! Honestly, sometimes, the hours I keep REALLY get to me! I started this habit of getting up very early about three years ago. The goal was to get up early enough to write three handwritten pages (read "The Artist's Way" by Julia Cameron), get to the gym at 5:00 am or thereabouts, exercise about an hour and a half, come home and get out the door. But there are so many days when staying awake or writing or going to the gym feels like a huge ball and chain around my ankle! This is one of those days!

But here's the thing: I'm awake, I have the "activity of my limbs" and "I'm in my right mind." It's a good day and let's not waste it. Sunlight is far from breaking the eastern sky, but I won't let that stop me. Folks, I'm telling myself these "facts" as much as I'm telling you. Don't let your dread of the day and your physical ailments prevent you from stretching toward your goals. Get up and get your day started!

No comments:

Post a Comment