Saturday, September 6, 2014

Thought for The Day - Fall, Saturdays



A day off, the "to-do" list extensive, the "if-I-had-time-for" list much longer and buried beneath necessity. Saturdays in the fall: haircuts, grocery shopping, raking leaves, clipping branches and cleaning gutters. Taking the car to a repair shop for winterizing, or the latest round of repairs.

Saturday afternoons are now spent with a palette in one hand, a brush in the other, standing or sitting in front of a canvas.  A ride in the car is filled with adventure, absorbing the many colors of leaves changing before falling to the ground. Maybe I'll open the sunroof to get a bit of fresh air. Maybe I'll treat myself to walk along a stream somewhere. Or maybe I'll catch a quick nap and dream...

Saturday night is relaxing and tranquil. As I get older, I miss the Saturday nights when I went to a jazz club to hear a group perform. Nothing fancy, some local talent playing through their usual set. It was an opportunity to see what the rest of the world was doing and hear good music. In this period of transition - isn't every "period" a time of transition - there is a reflection of the past, measuring the present and hoping for ______ in the future.

It's Saturday, it's Fall and the season is changing...

No comments:

Post a Comment