Saturday, May 17, 2014

Thought for The Day - Today



How do we effectively utilize today, this day, these 18 hours of wakeful time? On a typical day, we are "at work," someone else's place of employment putting in 8, 10, or 12 hours. But while our body and mind are there, for the most part, our 'intention' is elsewhere. Perhaps, a first step is to be in the same place where our intention, our desire, is.

For me, it is a lifelong goal and though I've tried a few times to get from underneath the need for "other's employment," for the time being, I'm there. So today, I will spend it quietly considering the life I desire. Not the escape route, with whom I need to network, or where my plans may fall through. No, dreams don't need to be nightmares full of debt and failure - we've got real life for that! Today, I will enjoy the day, the marriage of my oldest niece and leave room for thoughts about a better life. Tomorrow will bring it's own challenges and yesterday is history; today is the day for dreaming, planning and hoping.

No comments:

Post a Comment