Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Thought for The Day - Now What?


I'm Listening 24 x 36 Oil


BIG QUESTION

Usually followed by a quick absentminded stare at nothing and everything in particular. The face gets a far away look and if you look closely, you can see the wheels turning in the individual's head. It's a big question because usually, the context of the question follows a crisis. We either ask it of ourselves, of someone who is a partner in our crisis, or it's asked as a challenge to create crisis.

Now what? What will you/I/they do next? Too often, we are unprepared to answer the question. It's a challenge to our ability to act, to respond and to be prepared. I'm facing the question at the moment, having arrived at a place in my life where I feel like I've reached the end of my resources. I still have life in me, I am relatively healthy and strong and capable of making decisions, but now what? What do I next? What's my next move? I'm considering what's desired, what I pray happens, but on my part, I'm not clear. And for all my past successes and failures, this "turning point," this curve in the road, I'm uncertain what can be done to prepare. This is a moment where I bend my knee, bow my head and look to Him who is able to "keep you from falling and present you faultless before the presence of his glory with exceeding joy..." (Jude 1:24)

No comments:

Post a Comment