Monday, May 5, 2014

Thought for The Day - Stuffed

Elastic 18 x 24 pastels


That means there's a lot inside; maybe too much...

I've had quite a few falls in the last year or so. Enough to have cause for concern. An old back injury has reared it's ugly head again. Typically, it's like a gentle reminder where I get a little twinge of pain in my lower back and I go to my tried and true "Superman" stretch. But not this time; this time the pain is gigantic and is stretched over a number of days. When it's this bad, pain meds don't quite do it. The pain is a constant reminder how severe this can be.

There doesn't seem to be enough time in the day, week, month or year to get the creative projects completed. My head is full of ideas, but "normal life" will not be denied it's time as well. So laundry, grocery shopping, repairs and 9-5 rule the day. I squeeze in an hour every now and then, on a weekend, between running errands and cleaning.

In a given day, miniature 'epiphanies' come to me. I've been in a habit of writing the thoughts down because I know I have a poor memory and anything beyond a few minutes and that "important" impression is gone. I have the equivalent of disconnected, scattered thoughts and ideas all over the place. Hastily written while at work, stored on a flash drive, in the cloud and the occasional typed and printed notes that find their way into my travel bag.

Then there is the demands of the 9 to 5

And the thoughts about the future I desire

And the growing debt crisis - student loans that make my mortgage look like a credit card bill

And...

And...

Yeah, pretty much full

Is there a solution? How will this be resolved? I don't know, I just try to keep up as best I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment