Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Thought for The Day - Quick Note about Technology

Us and tools! As much as I admit I'm in "recovery" as an artist - and I really am - I actually get some things done creatively and would be willing to share them. But I am equally frustrated with technology! Trying to get  quality images uploaded here and other social networks, the "experts" suggest using a digital camera, rather than my phone camera. Actually, the camera on my phone is pretty good, but that's beside the point! I'm trying to be a professional, here! Then there are the recommendations to put the image in certain format, that I have yet to do. And here recently, an unexpected update in my iPhoto software nearly trashed all of my images, making it nearly impossible to access the pictures of my work - and everything I've ever digitally photographed!

And that brings us to the "quick note" about technology. It's a tool, pure and simple. It's a level above hammers, chisels, screwdrivers and pliers. It's a small step above the sewing machine and crochet and knitting needles. And for those who skipped over those basic tools in favor of laptop keyboards or the digital keyboards on a tablet or iPad, the rudimentary tools mentioned above can be equally frustrating! It's rare, but I've seen people break hammers, pliers get stuck open or bend and thread completely clog a sewing machine. It is the woes of attempting to accomplish something, to make meaning in this world!

You know what? No matter the technology or the tool, the joys and pains go along with the journey to finding meaning and purpose in our world. And it is a long and arduous journey to that end!

No comments:

Post a Comment