Friday, August 15, 2014

Thought for The Day - Grateful






June 4th (thereabouts), 1984, that's 30 years ago, I graduated from college. I remember well over a year before that, an underlying tremor set into my spirit; the prospects of making a living as an artist seemed dim. My mother's idea of a "plan b" would have to wait until I finished school because I was at the end of my run and didn't plan to take more classes. But graduation was bittersweet; I was glad for the accomplishment, I had a degree in fine arts, something I really wanted. And yet, artists "starve..."

I'm sitting in my "space" as I write. Thirty years from graduation; while as an artist, income is scarce, I am surrounded by more of my work than I could have imagined doing at the time of graduation! I have paintings hanging in my home and in the homes of family and friends! And I am grateful that God will not allow my dream to shrivel on the vine. I would like to believe as long as I live and my body and mind function, far more work is coming!

No comments:

Post a Comment