Friday, August 22, 2014

Thought for The Day - Underwater

In my teen years, I looked forward to having a family and a home of my own. Every dream - an unnerving thought - has a unpredictable, sometimes dark side.

I'm dropping this quick line before I get back to cleaning up the water in my basement. This has happened many times over the last few years. And though the city, state and I have worked hard to minimize the damage, one can't minimize the effects of a simple rain storm. It's getting to a point when it rains and comes down hard, I get a bit nervous, especially when I'm not home. Last night, I slept through whatever storm blew over the area! I've told my wife I've done some crazy stuff that tells me I'm much more tired than I realize. Sleeping through this storm is an indicator I'm exhausted.

I'll spend the better part of the day cleaning floors and airing out area rugs. And hopefully, the storm is passing and I'm regaining my sanity!

No comments:

Post a Comment