Thursday, August 15, 2013

Thought for the Day - In the Calm

I know, we've heard it a thousand times before and no matter how many times we say it to ourselves, we invariably go back to rushing about! Oh the crazy, spinning world we live in! The demands of a typical day in our 'organized society' is far too much. And yet...

Say it again; say it to yourself: slow down...don't yell it, but feel it in your body. Slow the pace for just a bit. Allow some tasks to go undone and those that are an absolute must to complete, get them done as quickly as possible; allow peace to fill your mind.

Years ago, while my father could work, I would hear him say out of the blue "PRESSURE!" indicating he was really feeling it. You have to know my father to understand what I'm saying. He's quiet and until his stroke, he always worked long hours and was always on the go. I think he loved his work, but there were days where it was simply too much. I look around and I see many people like "Jr," my nickname for him, running around.

Today, find a moment, no two, to ease away from the demands and PRESSURE, and get quiet. A quiet moment or two is like a day at the beach...no really it is! And it allows you to approach your deadlines, dilemmas and difficulties with a fresh perspective. Find a moment, take a moment...

No comments:

Post a Comment