Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Thought for The Day - The Right Place for Art




Now this may seem bad and if it offends you, I apologize from the beginning. On my daily commute, along the train line, there are places where graffiti artists have made their mark. Some take offense to the work, it is, after all defacing private property and depending on what is displayed, the work can be offensive. But the skills of these people? AMAZING!!!

Certainly, it is risky and illegal to climb into areas reserved for multi-ton commuter and freight vehicles to share your message. And quite honestly, I'm not clear what is the message they are sharing, but I admire the work! And quite honestly, given the bare concrete walls, the number of commuters who pass this way in a given day, this form of art, this media of expression has to be a welcome change! Enjoy my hastily photographed images! Or not...

No comments:

Post a Comment