Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Thought for The Day - Turn the Love Light ON

Now my "generation" will see those words and think romance and "love making"....kind of.

I've said it before and for the sake of discussion I bring it up again: I grew up listening to Soul and R&B music, it was played by my parents as we rode in the car, in the morning before I went to school, when we cleaned on Saturday mornings and when my mom and her siblings got together, records and albums were pulled out to listen to some good music! I loved it and still do. But I found jazz music to be more exciting and well worth my attention. Imagine, a 7 or 8 year old kid listening to John Coltrane or Louis Armstrong, or listening to big band music and thinking it was "swinging!" That was me, the odd kid who searched for jazz music on the radio and when he was old enough to buy his own, bought Herbie Hancock, Al Di Meola and Spyro Gyra.

I think it's time we turned on the "real" love light, the light shines from one heart to another. But rather than people copulating and "connecting" as man to woman in a need to satisfy one another, let's spread love across humanity. There are hurting people everywhere, but everyone, regardless of the degree of 'pain' or past hurt one feels, needs love. We can love one another, care for one another, and uplift one another. We can break the barriers of race, class (doesn't it seem ridiculous to hate someone because they have more or less than you?) and national boundaries and simply care and provide for one another.

Here's an amazing thought: in a global economy, whether we are doing it for selfish reasons or not, we have to provide for one another. How about we do it because we love one another?

No comments:

Post a Comment