Thursday, January 23, 2014

Thought for The Day - Radiance, A Burst of Light






Words and Images...I love this work!

A few months ago, when I began this process of blogging the "Thought for The Day," I told a coworker that there are times when this is HARD! She said "I thought you love doing it?" And I said I do, but love isn't always pleasure; there are times when love is pain and ache and longing.

There are days when I look at my work and ask myself "what am I doing? This is a waste of time and those brush strokes are terrible!" There are days when I can't help but think about what I'm working on (in my head) as I sit testing software. There are times when I wake and I "have to" put a couple brush strokes or place a couple strokes of the pastels.

A labor of love, some tears and a blend of my soul as I pour it out. The words aren't always poignant and soft; sometimes truth hurts. But then, there are times when the very brightness of the effort is the reward longed for.

Peace!

No comments:

Post a Comment