Monday, January 20, 2014

Thought for The Day - A Minuet

She Twirls (in process) 12 x16 Oil pastels


Defined as "fine, delicate, diminutive (used as a noun) of menu 'small.'"

But there are there no small dances or music pieces, there are only the parts we are privy to, in that 'snippet' of time (the word "snippet" also meaning 'small.'). This is life my friends; I have your attention for a few minutes before, after and in-between the busyness of your day. You stopped by purposely to see and read, to have your heart stirred, tickled or gain insight. But you are here. But in these few moments, I can no more tell you "all" about me, than I could put a cure for cancer in a pill.

Working on the piece above, it occurs to me, there are stories unfolding all around me. I'm not the center of the universe, as many would like to believe (smile). But neither are you. You can live your life with someone, grow old at their side and there are intricate, potentially life changing aspects of their life you will never know. A snapshot only captures the essence of us and while a greater truth hides behind a smile, our conscious minds can't fathom it.

"But we have this treasure in earthen vessels..."

No comments:

Post a Comment