Monday, January 13, 2014

Thought for The Day - Magazine Clippings



Self portrait (peek inside my mind) Oil painting
Many days, in the course of the day, I think of old friends, people I haven't seen or heard from in years and for a minute or two, I recall times we spent. It's only a minute, a quick thought of calls shared and how we laughed at a bad habit or just hanging out. Those memories are like the magazine clippings when one puts together a collage. Like a collage, a narrative is required for those merely looking at it; the story isn't as clear as the original picture. People, cars and coffee cups are pasted together in my head and only I know their deeper meaning. But I share them whenever possible, the vivid emotions a friend expresses comes back as a lesson for you and I.

No comments:

Post a Comment