Monday, April 28, 2014

Thought for The Day - Progression!

Pre-dawn Light 18 x 24 charcoal


Snail's pace...

Can you see the slow moving trail of your steps? Can you picture the pace you would prefer to move and the many encumbrances along the way? And does it make you want to lose your mind that the "sleepy town" where you are, bars your way? Seems that way for me as well my friend! So very often!

I have wanted to "see the world" for many years, one of my favorite ways of imagining it is seeing the fields and small farms where people live and work. I've wanted to spend time with artists and writers, musicians and composers; I want to understand their creative processes, the times where they feel like their feet are set in concrete and the times when they feel like they're soaring high above.

And yet, moving forward remains at a snail's pace. But small steps count as progression as well! And please remember the greatest effort of launching a rocket into outer space occurs before the rocket reaches the upper atmosphere! Keep at it, my friend!

No comments:

Post a Comment