Monday, April 21, 2014

Thought for The Day - A New Day

I'm Listening


We pray and hope for it, not necessarily for dawn as in the sun rising and "allow me to survive this night." No, we pray for a "new day" as in a turnaround of our lives. Not everyone feels this way, some are content and live life fully regardless of the resources they have or don't. But this is about those of us who aren't "there," yet, who yearn for a change in their situation and for those who realize the change occurs within. There are those of us who realize we haven't used our resources as well as we should and even now, becoming good stewards of God's riches is a struggle. It isn't squandering or purely selfish motive that dictate our actions, but neither is it striving for the highest good intended by God.

It is a daily discipline that begins for me using the creativity entrusted to me. For the time being, it is used in writing, communicating a word or message to those who read my blog. It is giving voice to feelings that come from me, but mirror the feelings of others. And yet, for all my creativity in this medium, there is so much more to do. There is a burning question in my mind each day: have I used what is in me to provide light to others? I might do a good job, but I know there is so much more to do. I need a "new day."

A New Day always seems to be a little beyond that carrot on a string held out in front of me. It doesn't exist in a paycheck or even millions in the bank, though income is a result of it. No, the New Day is a way of living,  a discipline and a joy of life. It is expression that is purposeful and timely. It is giving myself to my work and to those who need it. And above all, it is aligned with God's will for my life.

A New Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment