Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Thought for The Day - A LIttle Higher



I will lift up my eyes to the hills - from whence comes my help? - Psalms 121:1 (NKJV)

Years ago, my pastor at the time aptly explained this verse is a series of questions. The writer wasn't saying he would literally expect help from hills and mountains but making the comparison between an uninformed person to one who knows God and expects his help to come from a higher place.

In this moment, I acknowledge I need help from higher than I can reach. My arms are too short to reach heaven to bring down resources needed for the day. A friend mentioned words she heard from a sermon. Joel Osteen apparently communicated we should be praying with the expectation of "N-O-W!!!"I am there; I have reached a point where I realize my need is urgent and I extend my voice, my hand and heart to reach to the heavens!

There are times, in the quiet and stillness of a given moment, when it seems my prayers are answered. Knowledge and insight flow from above.

Reach!

No comments:

Post a Comment