Saturday, February 15, 2014

Thought for The Day - Connected




A link, a bond formed; it happens more often than we know. People we've met, spoke to, a simple nod of "hello" and not much more. We are connected. An interesting link occurs regularly.

Visual cues, familiar sounds, a sense of touch and sense of smell runs deeper than a familiar perfume we know. You know, we are "ON" all-the-time mechanisms, designed to know, experience and communicate to one another. Our awareness is such that certain colors and patterns come to be expected in certain places. Not to mention our sense of smell; it becomes so commonplace that if we "settle" in a residence not our own, it takes a while for our noses to settle because it isn't the home we know. Personally, I can recall getting married and having to tell myself "I'm home" when I moved into our first apartment. It wasn't that I didn't want to be there - quite the contrary, it was exactly where I wanted to be. But the location where the sun came in at dawn was different, the smell of the place was foreign and I felt the difference in the wall texture.

Connected, bound to one another and things...

"merrily, merrily, merrily life is but a dream..."

No comments:

Post a Comment