Friday, February 7, 2014

Thought for The Day - Catching Up

(Working title) With a Twist - in progress 24 x 30 Oils


I think I got this from my dad, the sense of not "leading the pack" or "being the first on your block to buy _______!" Now, don't get me wrong, I really don't follow the crowds or wait to see "what's everyone else is doing," and I typically fume and brood over major decisions. I just need to know that the move I'm making is what's best for me and mine.

So now I'm thinking seriously considering this "art thing." When I think back to childhood, I can distinctly remember having concerns about what I would be when I grew up. Yes, I wanted to be an artist, but I wanted to have a business and I wanted to experiment on things. I think the last aspect, working Information Technology jobs has given me an "up to my eyeballs" experience in experimenting! For the last few years, I've gotten back to my love of art. And just like all major decisions, it seems like it's taking a long time to make up my mind about it.

What I would like is to spend my days creating art. The one aspect of this dream is that I feel like I need to remain connected to people, regularly and at one time, counseling was that channel. I wouldn't say I'm against counseling as a profession, but I am against anything that requires a "full-time" attention. The monotony of being somewhere, each day for 8 or more hours lays heavy on me. I love variety and love to be in control of my day.

So where am I in making a decision? Sitting on the fence, trying to figure out what and where else I can go. Any ideas? I'm open to suggestions.

No comments:

Post a Comment