Thursday, February 13, 2014

Thought for The Day - A Little Wider

Elastic 18 x 24 pastel


"Row, row, row your boat, gently down the stream
Merrily, merrily, merrily, life is but a dream..."

It's amazing what peripheral vision takes in! Sitting still, in my little space, it isn't that the paintings behind me are "dancing," it's the energy from them drawing my attention and I'm prone to respond! Bright oranges, indigo blues and energetic pinks want to be seen!

Sitting on the train, cars zooming by on the I-290 on either side of the train - or sitting still depending on the pace of traffic - a well maintained Tesla catches my eye. And though I nod my head for a quick "forty winks," I still look up as the train slows to another stop to include more riders on this ride. And I take it all in; I take note of the people off to earn one more days' wages. My ears absorb the rumble of the train as well as the music playing through my headphones.

I know I'm constantly being stretched to take in more and more, and somehow, it's all absorbed, filed and retrieved when necessary. Constantly growing, constantly expanding. And every now and then, a surprise comes along and changes the entire scene!

Keep your "eyes" wide open..."life is but a dream!"

No comments:

Post a Comment