Thursday, November 27, 2014

Thought for The Day - Grateful

The list of blessings for which I'm grateful is ENDLESS!!! So many things, so many people and so many immaterial things to be thankful for!

I am grateful for family and friends who can't fix everything in my life; indeed they don't try. But every now and then, they put themselves in a position to offer a shoulder, an ear and to remind me how valuable life is. One of the great things that happen over the summer is my oldest son saw my excitement over his single fish and his small aquarium. He wasn't able to buy fish and an aquarium for me, but he convinced my wife that it would make a great birthday gift. Long story short, they put their heads together, researched, shopped and bought a large aquarium for me! It's beautiful! And yes, it's been a journey with many fish bought, lost and ups and downs, but it's been a great year for that!

Yesterday, my wife surprised me with another gift: a 127 pound gift: my oldest child, my miracle baby came home for the holiday! Living in New York, studying for a master's degree, things are tight. So I didn't expect to see her until Christmas. But they managed to put together the money and to keep it a secret until yesterday; my wife said she was running a quick errand for her mother and would be back. When she returned, I opened the door for her, and there stood my daughter!

Again I could go on and on, but I am so grateful for all! I'm especially grateful for friends whose lives grow and blossom. I'm grateful for people I stay in contact with and friends I haven't seen in years, coming back around.

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment