Monday, October 27, 2014

Thought for The Day - Trying to Work Magic

As a kid, I was amazed at the idea of magic! Tricks were cool, things like linking two closed metal rings together was cool; pulling items from you sleeve was fascinating. But causing "change," bringing "something out of nothing" - now that was what I wanted to do. I wanted to animate my toy cars, make them go from "Hot wheels" to cars I could drive! I wanted my toy robots to live without batteries and to be ready to play when I got home.

I've always had a love for all things wonderful and seemingly unreal. I don't debate the existence of dinosaurs, their time on earth or whether there is a God or not. I am certain beyond a shadow of a doubt, that He not only exists, but that he holds mysteries in store for us, quite a few we may never discover while we are on earth!

Most of my life, I've known my relationship with God was "special." I remember being about nine or ten, and not wanting what "might be" to come true. I felt like preaching and being a minister was somewhere in my future, but I wasn't sure I wanted it to be. At 27, I was ordained as a minister of the gospel. Keep in mind, at 21, I realized there was no way to avoid it, so I welcomed the idea. But I also worked out in my mind how it would happen and the logical path to doing so. I learned a valuable lesson in my 20's: the "path" and "plans" of man don't compare to God's ability to order our lives! The larger picture is He wants far better for us than we could ever want for ourselves!

Each morning, before drafting the day's thought, I look at my statistics. It's a simple thing to do a quick refresh of the page to see how many "viewers" I've had till that moment. It's nothing to get excited about and I certainly can't quit my "day job." I receive emails from time to time about increasing my SEO for my website and such. No thanks, for the time being, I'm not sweating the traffic to my website or my blog. For now, I will trust communicating truth and my heart, will touch "you." The crowd? Later for that; for now, let's work a little magic on "you!"

No comments:

Post a Comment