Thursday, December 26, 2013

Thought for The Day - The Day After

Filtered Divinity 12 x 18 pastels


Yes, I mean, the day after Christmas. Some people are strategically planning trips to the mall for returns and additional deals on more "stuff." We can collect some stuff can't we? I'm sitting in a hoarders nest myself...well maybe not that extreme, no molding, festering food crammed in between books or anything, but I could stand to toss and straighten.

What is our obsession with having a bunch of stuff? Mind you, I love a good book and love a variety of subjects. I love learning and researching and knowing and there's nothing like sitting in a chair with a cup of coffee and a good book in my lap. But really? stacks of books, many untouched in years; do I need all this stuff? Then we go to the other extreme: taking it to the Salvation Army or Goodwill Industries. Hmmm...not sure that's the answer either. Stacks of papers, books, electronics that are outdated or don't work. Then we run out to "catch a deal." I'm not sure I need more clutter in my life.

I'm not going to the mall today; I should be going to the gym to remove a few calories, if not ounces from my waist, but then again, I might sit among my clutter and recall another festive holiday. Then maybe, I'll start tossing and straightening up. Yeah, right!

No comments:

Post a Comment