Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Expectantly, Listening, for a Reply

Expectation

I'm Listening

A Reply
In the quiet and the clatter, I'm listening. Yes, I want IT. I want it all, but so often settling for a little bit seems appropriate. And yet, a little would never do. I wait, I listen, sensing movement.

At times, there are rumbles,  from above, like rolling thunder across a Kansas sky. Reminiscent of past days, when the earth moved for the briefest moment, there's an expectation of "more to come." A silent "Lord, come quickly," escapes the quiet in my head. I know it's coming...not because the arrival time appears on a train schedule, but because the heart knows.

Certainly it seems like "now" is better than "when it's right," but...if you've ever waited for a fresh from the oven pound cake - no offense Sara Lee - the hour and a half wait, while agonizing, is worth it. What's coming is worth the silence, it stands up to the wondering "when" and "why."

I read Deby Dearman's blogpost today, Artrageous Living and she talks about the fear in the entry: Action vs. Perfection; it struck a chord in me, challenged me to think about the many times I choose to mow the lawn, wash dishes and clothes and play Bejeweled rather than draw or paint. I thought about the other artists in my circle who don't have a great Fine Arts degree from a prestigious school, but yet they're reaching the world with their art and earning money from it. I thought about fear and the energy I choose to give it and I quietly prayed that my ears, heart and soul would be better tuned to respond and act -  NOW!!!

Its coming; I can hear the answer, the reply in my soul. Thank you, Lord.

7 comments:

  1. Proud of you, Eddie. Just do it! The world is waiting for your gift. There are many who need what you hold in your hands. Take a big breath and release the gift! I believe that multitudes will be blessed by you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautifully said Eddie. So beautifully said.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey everyone, so glad the words reflect in your soul as well. We're on a journey, we've got a destination. We have to remain faithful to our place on that journey and yes, Deby, I am taking that deep breath, on the verge of releasing my gift. Thanks all, for the encouragement, once again!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have a way with words Eddie - thank you

    ReplyDelete