Friday, June 3, 2011

A Response

I've been listening;  I'm learning to flex muscles rarely used unless it's an emergency. You know how it is when you pray when danger is present and your life depends on help greater than ourselves. But then, we exercise our "send" muscle. In those times we only listen when we need a quick answer and a speedy solution. But I'm exercising listen muscles sans "emergency."

It's a different way to wait and calls for quiet beyond sitting solitary in a room lights dulled. It's pushing aside the immediate cries of the heart. You know "I NEED a job" or "I need money for these bills." Questions are asked differently in this quiet, questions like "I'm here for a reason..." "exercising my talents in this way is satisfying..."

Certainly money would be great but there are treasures to be had that exceed 7 or 8 digits proceeded by a $. I'm waiting for a response that changes the very flavor of life, a response that reorders parts of the whole. 

The attached image is in process, appropriately titled: "A Response." The background is red, though my point-and-shoot camera doesn't capture the depth of the red. I'm adding detail, slowly, in a way I have not done, previously. I see a semblance of a flower blooming, opening up, as though Spring and Light surrounded it. But I'm Listening as well, patiently moving pass interruptions and shallow wants and needs. There are words that are stated, seemingly falling on deaf ears. But the heart hears quite plainly and when the time is right all is arranged in a way evident to all.

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful painting, beautiful writing. The process is where character is formed . . . there is no other way, but waiting, listening, enduring, persevering. It's amazing to see the beauty busting forth from this difficult process. I know it comes from the depths. You are making a firm statement and I appreciate your resolve.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Deb, yes, at times, this feels like the formation of crude oil or a diamond: a long and heated process! But a key word in your response sheds light on what's in development: "character." It would be fantastic to have a career as an artist, and it seems like I was being lead that way, but it also seems to be something bigger. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete