Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Better Go to bed ~ Cat Naps

I'm finding this to be true: more people have insomnia than is talked about. I hesitate to say "suffer from," because for some - like me - it's a welcome change from the noise of the day, the pull of several tasks at once and allows me to work in solitude. Mind you, with that being said, there are days when I long for my college days. I've always been the person who could doze at a heartbeat, sitting in lecture halls or in the library, asleep. I would ride the train to and from school, catching naps in between stops, not really sleeping but in a state of 40-winks-between-Clinton-and-Halsted (you have to live in Chicago to know about that!) way.

I wasn't surprised when I begin a graduate program in 2008, when I would come home from work, study a bit, sleep a bit and spend half the night working on a paper or studying. And though I had a full 8 hour work day ahead of me, I fell into a pattern of sleeping when I could, dozing when I could, and napping at lunch.

I don't mind, I think it's the 'big cat' nature of mine that allows me to be up a few hours in the middle of the night. It's peaceful, relaxing and empowering at the same time. But there's always time for a nap! Nighty-night all!

No comments:

Post a Comment