Sunday, November 15, 2009

Early Morning Flight - almost complete


So I'm dozing while sitting in church, prayer service no less (Just being honest) and as I am I see this image. Looks like a forest, late in the night or just before daybreak. A bird seems to be flying from a body of water, maybe having made it's "catch of the day." I was so moved by the image, I grabbed my palm-sized sketch book, ran to the hall and begin sketching. At first glance, it looked like I filled the paper with black lines but the fine details was the trees, the leaves rustling in the dark and a small pond. I knew exactly where the bird would take off so I didn't include it.

The wonderful thing is this is a sketch; the painting is still to come. I have a canvas sitting on the easel waiting a starting point. Hope I can continue to develop the idea; I spend a great deal of time thinking about textures, shades, and 'the color of night'....Definitely need to keep working at this MASTERWORK!!! Enjoy, let me know what you think: good, bad or "eh, it's aiight:)

No comments:

Post a Comment