Tuesday, September 15, 2009

GENUINE AND TRANSPARENT

Recently I posted my ‘state of mind’ for the last few weeks. I titled the blog “Keep the Fire Going.” But it seems those who commented thought I was “sore vexed.” At the moment, nothing could have been further from the truth; the dip of the serene – or the “serendipitous moment” – was passing. I was encouraging myself with the power of a life lived with purpose. But I was further encouraged when those who commented expressed concern and offered suggestions. A lesson taken from the experience is to remain transparent. What I feel is a mirror of others struggles, and triumphs, as well. Be genuine, I can’t go wrong when I admit I’m not the expert or ‘guru.’

I have plans and hope for an ideal tomorrow. And at times my plans remain in “lofty places.” Admittedly there are times when it seems those plans are about to fall out of the sky and crush me. I have days when I honestly don’t think I can be an artist – or at least one that earns money. I don’t know; it isn’t easy changing careers again! This is one of many (not too many to recall just don’t like mentioning the number). And yet, when my head hangs low, I walk into the area I use as a studio/gym/office and I see the paintings and drawing, the brushes and paints and markers and I say: “this is who I am; this is what I’m born to do!”

Yeah, I’m going to need encouragement. Heck, I need a mentor, someone who’s in the business of communicating via the visual arts. But to be honest, if no one makes themselves available, it doesn’t matter. I’m going to do this. I’m going to find people who are willing to purchase the work and I will continue to paint, draw and sculpt. God didn’t give me this talent to bury; he gave to me to indicate his glory!

No comments:

Post a Comment