Sunday, April 30, 2017

I Plan To...

Call it procrastination, call it fear, call it laziness or name it any number of other things... I can rise each day, go to the gym as if it were my 'religion.' Do the same for a job I say I don't like (felt this way about every level of school, as well); get up, prepare, nearly no conscious thought, just action. But I sit in this room, this studio and...

Lot of work to be done, lot of planning, lot of insights, visions, images flashing across the 'tv' screen of my imagination like completed works. And yet...laundry, errands, "what's going on in the furthermost parts of the world (and what can I really do about it)..." plague my thoughts...

Action!

That 'activity' is where dreaming, planning find balance with this world. In my mind, I am the world's greatest communicator; in my mind I don't know a damned thing - I am not heard or felt of known by anyone! My actions, my writing, my creativity can easily fade into the woodwork, the 'ethernet' of billions of nanobytes of conversations and blogs...

But one simple stroke of pastel, pencil, paint laden brush and intangible becomes tangible; unseen become seen an a message immediately understood or words that need a month to sink in...communicated, shared, heard and felt.

No comments:

Post a Comment