Sunday, August 5, 2012

It's Where I am...Not Where I'm Going

Progress, as it is measured in relation to our hopes and plans, can come to a grinding halt. Paint sits on the palette, getting hard and useless. And in the process, the mental effect also gums up the process of completion. But it's not the end.

So often, despair seems to cry louder than the joy of the journey. It's Sunday morning, that quiet place between the end of one week and the beginning of another. That place where, like a pause in between notes, I consider where I am, where I've been and where I wish to go. Like a pen or paint brush poised for what seems like an eternity, I sit, writing, while dreams and hopes rush forward. And yet, even in rest, I'm moving forward; going on with my destination in mind...

No comments:

Post a Comment