Friday, November 18, 2011

Clarity’s Call

Clear Channel
 
This is a repeating theme, but as additional definition and shape come forward, I have to share. I’ve looked at the body of my expressive work, the work that some would call abstract. I’ve considered the ‘naming’ process, especially when I think of musicians like Pat Metheny and Bob James, Roy Hargrove and Joshua Redman. That way you contemplate what is being said “here.” Sitting at work with a piece, I search for the message it seems to convey. And clarity comes through.

There are times I see fine details in a painting before I touch brush to canvas. A response, an answer to a problem I didn’t know existed. Clarity. At times, it’s the simple bob of my head to a song I hear adds to the joy experienced in these precious moments. Moments become eternity when things are made clear.

Love guides my hand; it is both a response and a call. Love motivates me to write and give further light to the subject of my renderings. So sacred are these glimpses into eternity, I would be remiss if I didn’t share the Love. So I paint, sometimes I grab a pencil and sketch, or a pastel and allow the intense colors to draw lines from me to God and back again.

My friends, this is my sharing. This is my heart given to you. Allow the light of God to guide you and reshape you.

3 comments:

  1. This is so good. I am listening to James Todd's Quiet Beauty as I read this and your words flowed with the music. It was so intense. I had just finished blogging about GOD's wonder and majesty and this went perfectly. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your body of work is definitely a dance from you to God and back again. It's all there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jureda, I'm so glad my words found a place in your heart today. It is true: when one opens their heart to the beauty of the Lord, He simply moves in, sets up residence and the beauty of His Holiness flows in.

    Legina, thank you for realizing that this is about a response to His music, to his movement, to his voice. I wanted to post a poem I wrote about this, but it's so long, I don't think it would fit! ;) But I appreciate your taking time to read and leave a comment.

    ReplyDelete