Friday, August 19, 2011

I've Got to Try...

No picture this time. Just listen. So, I really wanted to be an artist, though I think as early as 8, I thought "I can't be an artist; they don't make any money." So I searched and searched to figure out what I wanted to be and earn money.

I grew up, I did customer service, worked in retail store stock rooms, sold dishes, insurance and car care products. I took other customer service positions with other companies and begin to work with "computers." Data entry jobs. Enter this data and "something happens." But I had to try.

Started making a little more money, which was necessary because I had a family and bills and stuff. Worked with "computers" a little more and thought of ways work could go smoother if we had _____ and _____. Worked with computers more and people less; computers seem good. I've got to try this.

Every department or company I moved to, someone wanted to talk - I mean the baring one's soul type of talk. I'm good at this; I've got to try...

Somewhere along the way, I came full circle. Art: painting, drawing, oil painting, acrylics, watercolor, pastel and charcoal. I've got to try.

I've thrown in 'this' and 'that' along the way, including preaching, teaching and scrubbing toilets, but when it comes right down to it, I've got to try...

You hear me, you understand. This isn't about revealing a great secret or having answers for it all. This is about living and trying. Sometimes I fail at stuff, other times I succeed, but like you and nearly every person on the planet, I've got to try. Check out my website to see what I mean: www.eddiehudson3.com

4 comments:

  1. Love it man! If you never try you'll never know how good you could have been. Or how bad you might have been. Whether we succeed or fail, we learn from trying. Keep up the great work. I love reading your posts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's right, Matt! My mom drilled into my head and yes, it's hard advice to follow when something seems overwhelming. But...I've got to try! Keep at it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great post! It's true, you've got to try! Some people know what they want to do as little kids, go for it, and never waver. For many of us, though, me included, the road is a lot more like a scenic journey with many different side trips. It doesn't matter. As long as we keep moving in the direction of what we know! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Raven! Yeah and there are days when the post it I recently added to my desk is a great reminder as well. It says "I'm failing. It's okay." Very simple and basic, but a reminder that you will make mistakes, but it all works for good.

    ReplyDelete